Monday, August 31, 2009

Banana Bonanza


My mom recently taught me the secret to a healthy sweet treat fix: chopped up frozen bananas. All the satisfying flavor and consistency without the guilt! Faith Durand at
The Kitchn takes it one step further with blended over-ripe frozen bananas. Inexplicably it tastes just like ice cream, only without the sugar or fat. Try adding a spoonful of other ingredient(s) like honey, vanilla, or peanut butter, for a flavor twist.
[via
Instructables via CRAFT]

Naturally, bananas will never take the place of ice cream. (Did I mention I'm eating Grasshopper Pie as I write this?) Especially not if you happen to live, as I do, so close to so many amazing ice cream parlors. If you're in San Francisco's mission district, be sure to check out BiRite Creamery, Humphry Slocombe, & Mitchell's
.

Personally, my favorite flavor is salted caramel. Check out this fab recipe from CRAFT, by David Lebovitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails