Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Abigail Doan: Fiber Forms





You've got to love the rabbit hole of the WWW. I was admiring Design Sponge's post on Yelena Bryksenkova and became increasingly enamored with her drawings of lace. (I've always loved methodical detail drawing.) This prompted a query: I wonder how many people are out there, quietly whiling the hours drawing lace? So I googled "Lace Drawing" and started poking around and found an image that led me to the blog of Abigail Doan. STUNNED. Though not drawings, Doan's work does have a 3D illustrative quality. Her Fiber Forms are simply exquisite, connoting underwater sea creatures and, at times, amoebic life. The New York artist also does installation, both in and out of doors (below). Sort of like a feminine Goldsworthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails